What is it like to work at O+A?
Each day gets designed from scratch. Someone always comes in early, someone always leaves late. New work environments for some of the world’s best-known companies are blossoming on the computer monitors. Carpet and tile samples are piling up where they ought not to be. Also little blocks of beautiful wood. Almost everyone is going into a meeting, leaving a meeting, late for a meeting. Dogs may be present. There is music. There is food. Rather frequently there is champagne. From the newest recruit to the oldest veteran a feeling is afoot that they have lucked into the best job they ever had.
- Job Description
- This is an intermediate to senior technical position, requiring at least 5+ years of experience in an interior design, architecture or related design firm with at least three years of professional experience in developing technical design aspects related to project delivery. Project Architects have a detailed knowledge of building materials, detailing, construction techniques, building systems selection, related engineering principles and building codes. This position collaborates with the project team, providing technical design input and support for the development of the entire design concept. Technical Architects must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and an expert knowledge of construction documentation. Licensure is preferred but not required. Interested? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- • Actively collaborates with building and permitting officials during permitting and construction phases of project, submits projects for permit approval
• Oversee construction administration, including the processing of submittals/substitution requests during construction
• Knowledge of building codes, standards and the ability to resolve complex technical and design issues
• Oversees project close-out efforts
• Ability to lead the process of complex interior and architectural detailing
• Reviews drawings and designs to ensure accuracy of technical drawings and adherence to established specifications and standards
• Seeks creative and innovative solutions to assigned tasks and develops appropriate research and documentation to support these solutions
• Contributes to preparation of design documents and leads the detailed development of the construction documents with the senior designer/senior project manager
• Demonstrates detailed knowledge of code compliance, building standards, policies and procedures and can direct others in the use of those resources
• Coordinates with Principals and Studio Managers to implement standard procedures and protocols to assure continuity and consistency of project documentation across the firm
• Directly assists and mentors team members as appropriate
• Pro-actively keeps Principals and Studio Managers informed of work status and seeks clarification where appropriate
• Identifies issues, risks and conflicts and asks for assistance and/or delegates in a timely and constructive manner when required
This position fills a broad range of fields within the firm; Graphic Designers develop and drive the environmental graphics program from planning/positioning phases through technical production under the design direction of the Brand Studio Manager. This position also works with the Principals and Brand Studio Manager to create marketing material and general office graphics standards that reflect the Studio O+A brand. They have the ability to work independently as well the ability to work well in a team environment; Graphic Designers must also communicate and comprehend design direction quickly and efficiently and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. Interested? Email email@example.com
- • Integrates the environmental graphics program with the project design intent with the assistance of the project team.
- • Presents concepts and rational to the Principals and directors as well as clients.
- • Strong sense of typography, composition and conceptual thinking.
- • Creates wayfinding and signage programs for project design teams.
- • Strong organizational, collaboration, communications and presentation skills.
- • Works closely with design team to develop a project’s graphics program, works closely with project managers to ensure production and installation of graphics program.
- • Performs field verifications and assist with site inspections for verification of design intent.
- • Ability to read plans, elevations and details.
- • Reviews proofs, drawings, mock-ups and samples submitted by project contractors.
- • Reviews pricing, materials and value engineering for graphics projects.
- • Responsible for design and creation of marketing materials and firm collateral with the guidance and oversight of Principals and Brand Studio Manager.
- • Responsible for creating responses to RFPs with the guidance and oversight of the Principals and Business Development Manager.
- • Pro-actively keeps Studio Managers informed of work status and seeks clarification where appropriate.
- • Identifies issues, risks and conflicts and asks for assistance and/or delegates in a timely and constructive manner when required.